James H. Dyer
Since graduating from the University of Arizona College of Law in 1978, Jim has focused his practice on protecting the rights of people who have been injured through the fault of others. Whether the injury was the result of medical negligence, malfunctioning products or accident, Jim believes people should be compensated for their physical loss and their emotional strain. Much of his work has paved new ground for other attorneys to follow. His landmark case, Tom vs. SS Kressge, redefined premises liability law for courts across the country, and Jim has presented numerous seminars covering this issue and other matters relating to personal injury law.
Jim is a second generation native Arizonan, and has lived here in Tucson since moving from Glendale in 1970 to attend the University of Arizona. Jim is married to Jackie Dyer, and has a daughter, Annie and a stepson, Ishi.
Giving back to the community is extremely important to Jim, and he has served on the boards of many organizations, including the Tucson Conquistadores (sponsors of the Tucson Open) and Handmaker Jewish Services for the Aging. He received a “copper letter” award from the Mayor of Tucson for his work with "Project Hospitality" sponsored by the Interfaith Coalition for the Homeless.
Jim also actively serves his fellow lawyers as a member of the Board of Directors of the Pima County Bar Association and as a member of the Arizona Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness.
When time permits, Jim enjoys a variety of outdoor activities including bicycling, scuba diving, fishing and golf.
Areas of Practice:
- Police Misconduct
- Housing & Construction Defects
- Bad Faith
- Insurance Malpractice
- Chemicals & Cosmetics
- Food & Agricultural Products
- Machinery & Tools
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
- Dental Malpractice
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Radiation & Electromagnetic Energy
- Injury and Wrongful Death, State Bar of Arizona
- Arizona, 1978
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona, 1980
University of Arizona College of Law, Tucson, Arizona
University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Major: Political Science
- Injured Victims of Negligence
- Oregon State Bar Professionalism Course, Arizona State Bar
- Nuts & Bolts of Acceptance, Pima County Bar Association
Honors and Awards:
- ALTA Natural College of Advocacy, Advocate, 2005 - Present
- Southwest Super Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2009
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Pima County American Board of Trial Advocates, 2008
- Pima County Bar Association, 2007 - 2008
Past Employment Positions:
- Healy and Baul P.C., Associate Attorney, 1978 - 1986
- Law Office of James Dyer, Solo Practitioner, 1986 - 1991
Click here to view James' Avvo profile.